Ear Candles (Thermo Auricular Therapy)

Ear Candles are hollow tubes of organically grown Flax, extracts of honey, beeswax and herbs. 

 

It is a relaxing, non-invasive treatment where you lie on your side in a comfortable position whilst the Ear Candle is gently inserted into your ear.

When lit, the candle has a slight sucking action, often referred to as the 'chimney effect'.  This action draws out impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed.  The rising air inside the candle sets up a vibration which gently massages the eardrum.  This can help to regulate the pressures involved inside the ear.

The air flow within the candle creates a concentrated vapour which is soothing, calming and protects the irritated areas.  Most impurities or deposits are carried away through the candle 'chimney', although some of these deposits can be found within the candle after removed from the ear.  It can take between 24-48 hours for some of the wax to work its way to the surface.

Benefits
  • Can help with colds & congestion

  • Recurring ear infections/earache

  • Glue ear (can be safely used on children)*

  • Noise and ringing in the ear such as Tinnitus

  • Allergy & hayfever symptoms

  • Compacted wax in the ears

  • Snoring

  • Sinusitis

  • Irritations in the nose – Rhinitis

  • Soothing effects for over irritability and stress related symptoms

  • Revitalisation for certain hearing impairments

  • Pressure regulation for conditions such as headaches, migraines, sinusitis and rhinitis

  • Circulatory problems in the ear

  • Local stimulation to lymph flow and local metabolism

  • Stimulation of energy circulation

 Contra-indications for this treatment include perforated eardrums, grommets, allergies to any of the ingredients in the ear candles or any liquid placed in the ear in previous 48 hours.

Aftercare
  • Drink plenty of water to help your system flush out the toxins and waste.​

  • Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks as these make your treatment less effective and can cause you to feel nauseous, lethargic and give you headaches. 

  • Rest and avoid strenuous activity to allow your body to continue to balance itself after the treatment.​

  • Eat a light diet to enable the bloody supply to concentrate on feeding the areas that have been treated and to eliminate the toxins from your body.

You may experience some mild reactions stated below following the treatments.  These are nothing to worry about, and are all part of the natural healing process. These should not last for more than a day or so, after which you will more than likely feel calmer and better in yourself.  If you are at all worried please feel free to contact me for further advice.       

Nausea, headaches, tiredness, aching muscles, tingling limbs, heightened emotions, light headedness, increase in urination, mild flu-like symptoms​, thirst, change in appetite, systems exacerbated.

Opening Times:-

Monday        9.30am - 2.30pm

Tuesday         9.30am - 2.30pm & 7pm - 9pm

Wednesday   9.30am - 2.30pm

Thursday       9.30am - 2.30pm & 7pm - 9pm

Friday           9.30am - 2.30pm

       07841 423161
       laureltreeholistictherapy@gmail.com
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2016 by Laurel Tree Holistic Therapy. Proudly created with Wix.com